Before you relax with our aromatherapy soy candles, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Allow the soy candle to burn until the wax melts out to all the edges of the vessel *see below. This may take from about 30 to 60 minutes. If you blow out the soy candle before the wax goes liquid to the edge, it can create tunnels down the center of the candle. This will waste some of that glorious aromatherapy soy wax with each consecutive short burn. Above all, think safety, if you have to leave the room, blow out the candle.
- The estimated burn time for our 3.5oz soy candles is about 15 hours and the double organic hemp wicked 12oz soy candle is about 50 hours. Remember, burn times are an estimate and can be greatly affected by the environment in which the candle is used.
- The soy candle flame height may vary at times. Depending on the even appear to self-extinguish, but its OK! Even if you are experiencing a “low” flame, it will continue to heat and the flame height will return. The recommended burn time is 3-4 hours.
- Do not burn candles for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Keep the soy candle away from drafts, such as ceiling fans, air conditioners or breezes. Keep it only on a sturdy, open, and visible space.
- Never move or handle the soy candle while burning. The glass container can get very hot. This is very unsafe, and pouring or removing liquid wax from the vessel will cause the wick to extinguish.
- Keep the wick trimmed to between ⅛ and ¼ inch. If the soy candle begins to smoke, or if the flame height is greater than 1½ inches, gently blow out the soy candle, allow the wax and hemp wick to cool, and trim the wick by gently running your finger across the top of it. Remove all wick trimmings before relighting.
- Blow out the soy candle before you go to sleep!! Our Aromatherapy soy candles should help you relax, that is a good thing, but if you feel sleepy make sure the candle is blown out before you fall asleep. The majority of house fires caused by candles are when the homeowner falls asleep with a lit candle. If allowed to burn to the base the glass can get extremely hot causing it to shatter. This can be both messy, damaging, and dangerous.
- If you want more details on our Legal stuff, you can find it here.
– Why Soy Wax instead of Paraffin?
Paraffin is a petroleum by product—which release carcinogenic soot when burned. The soot can also cause respiratory problems and will aggravate the conditions of those who already have asthma, lung, or heart problems.
“Burning an aromatherapy candle made of paraffin is similar to preparing a healthy drink of fresh squeezed juice and adding a shot of gasoline.”
Besides endangering your health and that of your family, soot from paraffin wax can cause significant damage to the inside of your house, plus your computers, electrical appliances, and ductwork.